Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Advocare 24 Day Challenge- Phase 2: 14 Day Max Phase

August 20-September 2, 2015

I lost 3.5 pounds on the Cleanse Phase of the challenge. I feel less bloated and have more energy. To read more about my cleanse on the first ten days of the challenge, click here.

The next fourteen days of the challenge is the Max Phase. The Max Phase includes Metabolic Nutrition System (MNS) in three options: MNS Max 3 for appetite control and energy, MNS Max C for appetite control, and MNS Max E for increased energy. This phase also includes the Meal Replacement Shakes. The Meal Replacement shakes include 22-24 grams of protein, 24 grams of carbohydrates, 5-6 grams of fiber, 26 vitamins and minerals, and 50% of the recommended daily allowance of calcium. The chocolate mocha is my favorite. You can mix the powder with 8 ounces of unsweetened almond milk for only an added 30 calories. Then blend it with crushed ice, and it tastes better than a Jamocha shake.


30 minutes before breakfast, you take the Before Breakfast Color Packet of the MNS supplements. These include: Calcium Plus (2 caplets), ActoTherm (1 caplet), and ProBiotic Restore Ultra (1 capsules).

Calcium Plus-delivers two types of highly absorbable calcium, combined with minerals, vitamins, and botanicals.

ActoTherm-exclusive blend of botanicals including cinnamon, gotu kola, ginger, and peppermint for a sustained release to aid in preventing a spike and drop off of energy throughout the day.

ProBiotic Restore-helps support healthy immune and intestinal function. It also aids in good digestion and enhances weight management programs.

 
30 minutes before lunch, you take the Before Lunch Color Packet. These include: Calcium Plus (2 caplets) and BioTherm (2 capsules)
 
BioTherm-combines oolong tea, effective botanicals, B vitamins, and biotin to support weight control.
 
 
 
During lunch, you take the last two white packets. These incude: Core Plex (3 capsules), CardioQ (1 capsule), and OmegaPlex (2 softgels).
 
CorePlex-supports healthy bone structure, growth, and provides optimum nutritional support for healthy muscle, connective tissue, and skin.
 
CardioQ-combines the ingredients CoQ10, Vitamin D, and Lycopene to provide nutrition for healthy aging and cardiovascular support.
 
OmegaPlex-omega-3 fatty acids that help support cardiovascular health. They also help contribute to the body's inflammation management, support healthy joints, and maintain healthy skin.
 

 
It is still important to eat healthy and incorporate plenty of fruits and vegetables in the Max Phase, but you can start to add in foods that were avoided during the cleanse such as dairy and breads.
 
For breakfast, I drank the Meal Replacement Shake. Sometimes, I would blend a banana or strawberries in my shake for added flavor.
 
For lunch, I usually packed a turkey wrap with lettuce and tomato, almonds, and strawberries. I occasionally had left overs from dinner the night before.
 
For dinner, I ate lean meats, veggies, and basmati or whole grain rice.
 
I also had two snacks a day, mid-morning and mid-afternoon. I usually ate almonds with Cuties or bananas. I also like plain rice cakes with peanut butter and a banana.
 
Here are a few of my favorite meals I ate on the challenge.
 
 
Steamed shrimp, broccoli, basmati rice
 

 
Turkey breast, fried eggs, and salad
 
 
Filet mignon, grilled asparagus, baked potato
 
Posting about my challenge was an after thought, so I don't have any before or after pictures besides the scale. I did this challenge to get back in a routine of healthy eating and to lose a few pounds. I've had better results with this challenge than ones I've done in the past. I lost a total of 10 pounds plus a total of 4 inches in my chest, waist, and hips.
 

 
Before 24 Day Challenge

 
After 24 Day Challenge
 
Chest- 33 in (before)/32 in (after)
Waist-28 in (before)/26 in (after)
Hips-38 in (before)/37 in (after)


I plan to continue to follow the 80/20 rule, eating healthy during the week and splurging on a meal or two on the weekends. I want to maintain my weight between 120-125. I love the way the challenge makes me feel happy, healthy, and energized. I don't go a day without drinking my Spark and I take my Catalyst on mornings that I run. These products give me the energy I need to start my day.

If you are interested in the 24 Day Challenge or other Advocare products visit:
https://www.advocare.com/120315887/




2 comments:

  1. Debra, I don't know how I've missed your blog or meeting you. (Or maybe we have met?) I run the same races you do! I'm also a half fanatic (#5867). I co-host the Weekly Wrap link up with Tricia from MissSippiPiddlin each week. We'd love for you to join us. Are you currently training for a marathon or a half?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen you at several runs, but I'm sorry I haven't formally introduced myself. I'll be sure to say 'hey' at the next race that we do together. I just started my blog this summer. I came across your blog through MissSippiPiddlin's link ups. I'd love to join your Weekly Wrap link up. I need to sign up for an inLinkz account. I'll try to link up this week. I'm training for my second full marathon at St.Jude Memphis in December. I see your running Chicago. Great job on your training runs! Relax and enjoy your taper.

    ReplyDelete