1. One mile down, 19 to go. On second thought, I better not think of how many more miles to go.
2. Three miles in, this song comes on my playlist "My body tells me no, but I won't quit 'cause I want more." No, I won't quit. No quitter here.
3. Refueling at Mile 5, I tried to Gingersnap flavored Honey Stinger Waffle for the first time. Oh, I love this Gingersnap! I think this is my new favorite flavor! But, I like the Vanilla, and the Caramel, and the Chocolate too! Oh, Honey Stinger waffles! I love every single one of you! You are so delicious! Yum! Yum! Great, time to get back at it!
4. Five miles down, 15 to go. Oh, stop thinking of how many more to go!
5. This wind!!! Where in the world did this wind come from!!! I hate you wind!!! Go away!!!
6. I love my Hoka's! These Hoka's are so ugly, but oh so comfy! I'm glad I made the switch to you ugly Hoka's!
7. What ugly Hoka's will I order next? I like the blue and green ones, but the gray ones would go with more of my fall and winter running apparel.
8. The gray Hoka's it is! I will order them when I'm finished (looks at Garmin) in a few hours. Oh dear Lord, I've still got over two hours to go!
9. (Saw an empty Yoohoo bottle on ground) Oh look a Yoohoo! I haven't had a Yoohoo in ages! I sure would love a Yoohoo right about now!
10. Mile 10, whoa I'm halfway there whoa oh living on a prayer!
11. (After refueling on pretzels and Gatorade at Mile 10) My stomach's hurting! Oh no, why is my stomach hurting. I haven't fueled any differently. Please stop cramping stomach! Don't fail me now stomach. I've got to finish this run. I cannot cut this run short.
12. Good morning neighbor. Hello again. Yes, I'm still running.
13.You think I'm crazy neighbor. Why thank you!
14. Fourteen miles in Don't Stop Believin' comes on my playlist. "Just a small town girl..." Yes, I sang along.
15. Fifteen miles down, five to go. I can do five miles. I've done five miles before school three days this week. How hard can it be?
16. Refueling at 15.5 miles with another Gingersnap Honey Stinger waffle. My stomach is still hurting. Ginger is supposed to settle the stomach. Maybe this Gingersnap Waffle will do the trick. Why'd I sign up for this? This sucks! These long runs suck! This is my last marathon. I'm done. No more. I mean no more.
17. What would it be like to move like Meb? I wish I could move like Meb. Meb would have been done by now. Yeah, Meb probably could have run ___ miles by now. (looks at Garmin, tries to figure the mileage)
18. Eighteen miles down, two miles to go. This isn't so bad after all. I'm almost done! I'm almost done!
19. Suddenly my stomach feels better. I'm so HUNGRY! I hope that left over spaghetti is in the fridge when I'm done. Michael better not eat that spaghetti!
20. (Pictures finish line as I sprint to the driveway) Yes! I'm done! I'm finally done! 11 more runs until St.Jude Memphis Marathon! It's TAPER time!!!