Saturday, December 23, 2017

AGAPE Run for a Mom Race Recap

May 13, 2017

The AGAPE Run for a Mom is a tradition that Mom and I started in 2012 and we hope to continue for years to come. This race takes place each year on Mother's Day weekend. Proceeds from this run help assist women facing crisis pregnancies and find forever homes for children. Many of the participants dedicate this run to their mothers or other special women in their lives. This race has grown over the years attracting several hundred participants.


A look back at previous years running this race

Mom and I took it easy on this race. We walked and talked the entire time. It was nice to catch up with her while doing something that we both enjoy.

Approaching the finish line stride for stride



My mom introduced me to running in 2012 when she asked me to do a 5K on her birthday. I've been hooked ever since then. Running has strengthened our already strong bond. We've accomplished running our first half marathon and qualifying for Half Fanatics together. Mom helped me pace the first half of my first full marathon and in turn I helped her achieve a half marathon PR that day. We have a lot of great memories and I hope to create more in the future. We're both struggling with re-establishing a routine of running after injuries. Hopefully we can do more races together soon. 




I saw my former co-worker and friend Pam Bienias at this race. She ran in memory of her mom and placed first in her age division. Way to go Mrs.B!

No comments:

Post a Comment