Saturday, December 23, 2017

Cornerstone Peach Run 5K Race Recap

June 17, 2017

I've always wanted to run the Cornerstone Peach Run in Clanton, AL. Mom and I registered just two days before the race. I'm glad that she wants to start doing races again. I've missed my running partner.

 
This race had both a 5K and 10K, but most runners did the 5K. Deep down I wanted to improve my time from the Paradise Island 5K that I ran in May. I decided to start my run/walk intervals from the beginning instead of waiting until I felt like I needed a walk break. I increased my run interval to three minutes in the weeks leading up to this race.

To my surprise I clocked the first mile in 8:05 with the 30 second walk breaks. I hoped that I could maintain that pace, but I faded in the last two miles. I clocked the next two miles in 9:32 and 9:23. My overall time was 29:20. I placed 2nd in my age group, but they only awarded the top finisher in each age group. They give out Clanton peaches as prizes.




No comments:

Post a Comment