Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Cornerstone Peach Run 5K Race Recap

June 16, 2018

This was my second year running the Cornerstone Peach Run in Clanton, AL. This race offers 5K and 10K divisions. I stuck with the 5K again this year. I didn't have any time goals for this race, but deep down I hoped to improve my time from last year.

I started out way too fast as usual. I ran the entire first mile. Then I started using 2:00 run/30 sec walk intervals. I was passed by someone who looked to be in my age group during the third mile. I passed her during my run intervals and she passed me during my walk intervals. We were neck and neck going into the final turn to the finish. I gave it one final kick at the end and passed her just before crossing the finish line.

Mile 1- 8:14
Mile 2- 9:44
Mile 3- 9:53

I finished barely under 30 minutes in 29:56. It wasn't enough to beat my time from last year, but I hoped it was enough to place first in my age group. Unfortunately there was someone way ahead of me that I didn't realize was in the 30-39 age group. I placed 2nd, but they only award first place finishers with a basket of peaches. There's always next year.

 


It was great to catch up with my friend Dee (@deerenn) at this race. She ran the 10K and placed first in her age group.

Me and Dee (@deerenn)
It was also nice to finally meet Stephanie (@swimst0807). I follow her on Instagram and noticed she did the race last year too. She was first overall female in the 10K with an impressive time of 42:55.

Me and Stephanie (@swimst0807)








No comments:

Post a Comment