Monday, July 20, 2015

AGAPE Run for a Mom Race Recap

May 10, 2014

This was my third year running the AGAPE Run for a Mom. This run has become another favorite for my mom and I. We'll probably run it every year that we can.

AGAPE Run for a Mom takes place each year on Mother's Day Weekend. Proceeds from this run help assist women facing crisis pregnancies and find forever homes for children. Many of the participants dedicate this run to their mothers or other special women in their lives. This race has grown over the years attracting several hundred participants.

Race day was overcast with light rain. I had a decent race. I started out too fast and slowed with each mile. I finished in 26:15, which was a course PR for me. I shaved almost eight minutes off of the previous year's time and a whole twelve minutes off from the first time I ran this race.

Mile 1- 7:56
Mile 2- 8:14
Mile 3-8:39
 
They brought all the post race festivities inside due to the rain. They had plenty of fruit, muffins, cookies, and Chick Fil-A chicken biscuits. The door prizes were incredible! They gave away oil changes, baseball tickets, iPod Shuffles, iTunes gift cards, mani/pedi gift certificates, and even a weed eater. Unfortunately, we didn't win any of the great door prizes. Later, they announced the awards. I placed first in my age division! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment