Friday, July 17, 2015

Autauga Academy 5K Race Recap

September 28, 2013

My mom's friend from work asked us to do this run with him. His daughter attends Autauga Academy and this run was to raise money for their school. This was a small run and most of the participants were students and their friends and family members.


The course had a few rolling hills during the first and last mile. We ran through two subdivisions with beautiful houses. I went out a little too fast on my first mile. I couldn't believe I had just ran a sub 9 minute mile in 8:56. My other two miles were a more consistent pace, 9:17 and 9:22. I hadn't ran a 5K since August, and I couldn't believe how much my times had improved. I had a new 5K PR of 28:30!

Mom and I stuck around for door prizes and awards. I got 1st place in my age division!

 
5K races are a great way to raise money for schools. Do schools in your area host 5K's to raise money?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment