Sunday, July 19, 2015

Crusing the Creekwalk 5K Race Recap

January 18, 2014

This was the 7th Annual Cruising the Creekwalk Run hosted by Leadership Autauga County to support youth leadership programs in the county. Mom and I ran this run in 2013 and enjoyed it so much that we decided to run it again. This race is organized by River Region Runners. There are always plenty of volunteers, good food, and great door prizes at this run. The t-shirt designs are cool looking, and they are long sleeve which I love to wear in the fall and winter. I also like the course that runs by the Creekwalk and through downtown Prattville.

City of Prattville, Alabama Government's photo.
 
 
I did not run many 5K's over the past few months since I was training for my first half marathon. My weekends were mostly dedicated to completing my long runs. I really didn't know what to expect for my finishing time, but I figured I would at least do as well as I had done at my last 5K. I surprised myself with a new PR of 25:33. That was a whole 3 minutes faster than my previous PR from September and almost 12 minutes faster than my time at the 2013 race!
 
Mile 1- 8:12
Mile 2- 9:03
Mile 3- 8:06
 
I also got 2nd place in my age group. I was very pleased with the progress I was making as a runner. When I first started running, I said I would never have times like some of the girls in my age group and I certainly wouldn't do well enough to place. I was proving myself wrong and achieving times I never thought possible.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment