Friday, July 17, 2015

FloraBama Make it to the Line 4 Mile Run Race Recap

December 28, 2013

Michael and I went to the beach for our one year anniversary. I saw the FloraBama was having a run the same weekend, so I signed up. I love running at the beach!

The FloraBama Make it to the Line 4 Mile race offers walk and run divisions. They also offer a one mile fun run. It's a flat, fast, down and back course. Several hundred people participated in this race. A portion of the proceeds benefitted Innerarity Point and Orange Beach Fire Departments.

Race morning was cool with a light drizzle of rain. The last two miles were tough because we had a strong headwind heading back to the finish. I ran a steady pace the entire time.

Mile 1- 8:26
Mile 2- 8:18
Mile 3- 8:39
Mile 4- 8:19

I was so proud of myself. I had never seen splits like that. This was my first race that I ran under a 9:00 minute pace.

We stuck around for the post race festivities. They had red beans and rice and free beer. They also had plenty of seating with large space heaters near by, which felt great since I didn't bring a change of clothes. I was wet and cold!

They had great door prizes to several good restaurants in town. I didn't win a door prize, but I did get 3rd place in my age division.

No comments:

Post a Comment