Friday, July 31, 2015

Lulu's Hot Trot for the ARC 5K Race Recap

June 20, 2015

Michael and I were spending the weekend at the beach with friends. I saw this run was taking place at Lulu's, so I signed up. Lulu's Hot Trot for the ARC  was a 5K run/ walk and 1 mile fun run to benefit the Association of Retarded Citizens of Baldwin County.

This race definitely lived up to its name, because it sure was hot! It was a down and back course that ran through the back roads of Lulu's. The sun was beating down and there was very little shade on the course. I started out with a good, consistent pace. I skipped the first two water stops. By the third mile, my mouth was starting to feel dry and it was hard to breathe. I took several walk breaks and my pace slowed significantly.

Mile 1- 8:19
Mile 2- 8:18
Mile 3- 9:53
 
I finished in 28:34. They had wet towels and showers at the finish line. I took advantage of both.
 
The post race party was great! They had homemade cookies and fresh fruit: bananas, oranges, strawberries, and blueberries. They also had red beans and rice and free beer. I was too hot to indulge in the red beans and rice, but Michael enjoyed my helping. It was a fun morning for a great cause.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment