Monday, July 20, 2015

Race for Hope 5K Race Recap

July 19, 2014

This was my second year running the Race for Hope 5K. The proceeds from the run benefit Cole's House and Children's Hope. Children’s Hope is the orphan ministry of First Baptist Church, Montgomery. It encompasses Foster Care, Adoption and Orphan Care. The mission of Children’s Hope is to engage the Church in carrying out God’s command to care for orphans.

This was the third annual run, and it attracted over 100 participants. The race offered 5K and half marathon divisions. There were not many half marathon runners. The 5K course was down and back with a few rolling hills.

It rained earlier that morning, which cooled things down for the race. It was cloudy for most of the race. Then it poured as we were getting in the car to head home. I was just glad it held off for the race.

 

My pace was pretty consistent, but I slowed a little with each mile. My time was 26:03 course record for me. I shaved six minutes off my time from the previous year. I also placed 2nd in my age division.

Mile 1- 8:10
Mile 2- 8:27
Mile 3-8:43



No comments:

Post a Comment